Young Professionals Board
The Young Professionals Board of the John Howard Association of Illinois will:
- Support the JHA’s efforts to achieve a fair, humane, and effective criminal justice system
- Encourage young professionals to prioritize systemic criminal justice reform among humanitarian concerns
- Engage the Chicago community at large and our social and professional networks to address targeted needs of people who are incarcerated
Briana Sprick-Schuster, Esq., External Co-Chair
Jenner & Block
Vanessa Johnson, Esq., Internal Co-Chair
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Stephanie Stern, Esq., Secretary
Law Clerk for the Northern District of Illinois
Sarah Losh Bakker, Esq., Events Chair
Sidley Austin LLP
Jordan Blumenthal, Esq.
Jenner & Block
Kelly Fischietto, MSW
Booz Allen Hamilton
Julia Hamel, MBA, MAJS
Avon Breast Cancer Crusade
Amanda Penabad, Esq.
Federal Defender Program
Matthew Tedeschi, MA
Ashley Velchek, MPP
Youth Outreach Services
Brenda Kay Zylstra, MA/AM
American Society of Safety Engineers
Want to join the Young Professionals Board?
New members will be invited to join the Young Professionals Board based on the needs and discretion of John Howard Association and the Young Professionals Board. To be considered for membership, a prospective member must:
- Complete and submit an application
- Attend at least one YPB event or participate in a YPB effort
- Complete a meeting or phone call with a member of the Executive Committee
Please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!