Logan Correctional Center
Logan Correctional Center is located in Lincoln, Illinois, about a two hour and forty-five minute drive south of Chicago and a 30-minute drive north of Springfield. Logan was repurposed in March 2013 as a multiple security level female facility, which also operates the female intake Reception and Classification center for the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Population: 1,704 (June 2016)
- 2017 Logan Staff Survey Results
- 2016's Prison Survey Analysis, conducted at Logan Correctional Center in June 2016
- 2016's Gender-Informed Practice Assessment at Logan Correctional Center. From the National Resource Center on Justice Involved Women and the Women's Justice Initiative, this report was authored by Executive Director of CORE Associates, Alyssa Benedict, and the Women’s Justice Initiative Founder & Project Director, Deanne Benos. It is the result of the comprehensive Gender-Informed Practice Assessment (GIPA) that was conducted at Logan Correctional Center in October 2015, which was the first-ever gender responsive assessment conducted by IDOC at any women’s prison. The Assessment Team included both Gwyn Troyer, Director of JHA's Prison Monitoring Project, and Lynn Cahill-Masching, a former JHA Board Member.
- JHA's Special Prison Monitoring Report—Overcrowded, Underresourced, and Ill-Conceived: Logan Correctional Center, 2013/14
- JHA's 2010 monitoring report